Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sounds Good

Me after the gym, entirely unrelated to the post, ha
I finally finished the song "Sounds Good" after working on it for three months... and actually, it isn't really finished, but I do have a nice solid sound for it... and I know the chords I want to play.  I may adjust some of the lyrics, but honestly, "Sounds Good" is a very emotional and heady song.  It starts off as though a sweet love song, lyrically, but as the music slightly changes from chorus to bridge, something isn't right, and the listener comes to find out that nothing actually sounds good, other than the song itself, of course.   It's a play on words and music... and I hope my audience will get that connection.  If not, nothing is lost... people get from music what they will... this song is very cathartic for me, and it's a stepping stone for me to move on from my past relationships.  Sounds good enough, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment