Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Away vs Walk Away

"Walk Away" is the title of my new song, a part two if you will of "Away," the first song I ever wrote.   "Away" is about a relationship that abruptly ends when that special someone ceases to communication with the singer: "It's been some time since I last spoke with you..."  However, she doesn't lament, but rather "managed to write something down... anyway." The melody is cyclical, but she doesn't mind "repeating myself, anyway..."  The song becomes more dramatic and the tempo increases when she professes her love: "I need you here, right here to stay," but she is still lost and wonders how is this possible, "we haven't spoken in weeks."  In the end, she just can't contemplate "why you've gone, away."

"Walk Away," on the other hand, is forceful, fast and slightly angry.  No drama here, since she knows she's not only going to survive the break up, but literally tell the guy if he does ever decide to talk to her again, "if you recognize me, well then, say your peace, and walk away!"  The bridge sums it all up when she says, "If you want to change me, well think again.  If there is no changing me, then... walk away, walk away, walk away!"  I have to say, for my sixth song, this one is definitely the most challenging, but oh so powerful and enjoyable to listen to while bobbing your head thinking, "is there ever gonna be a chance for you and me?  No way!"

Feel free to call me if you want to hear both songs.  I'm a sucker for an audience. =^_^=

2 comments:

  1. I will call to hear those sooner or later... It's hard right now as in and out of everything we are. Once I get settled in though, I'll be sure. Maybe we can skype it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved both of these songs.....

    ReplyDelete