Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Betty Lane & Nightmare

Currently, Peter and I are working on a new song I wrote the lyrics and melody for called "Betty Lane."  Peter is adding guitar to the song, and informed me that we may change it from its gospel roots to a funk progression... we shall see.  I have to wait till Friday to hear what he has come up with... should be interesting.  The song also needs more lyrics... perhaps one more verse.

We already wrote another song called "Nightmare."  90% of the guitar melodies come from Peter; I added a bit via the chorus.  The lyrics come from a poem I wrote back in February of 2008.  Crazy how something from a while ago can become today's new song.  But I love that; I have so much poetry on my hands (I studied poetry as an undergrad), and I have been writing poetry and melodies with lyrics since I started journaling (which was around the age of 8.)

The evolution of a song is something so organic and pure, that it reminds me why writing is so cathartic, and how singing and playing an instrument are close to divinity... "Perhaps that is why I have loved the artist; creation is the closest we come to divinity." -Anais Nin

"Dirty Boy," "Must Write," and "Fall from Grace" coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment