Friday, January 21, 2011

My First Time at the Stamp'n'Scrap Club

So, this past Wednesday night, I went to my first St. Petersburg Stamp'n'Scrap Club meeting. I showed up late because I was trying to open a safe... long story, but trust me, it was legit. So anyway, once I found myself in Bayfront Medical Center's Salon A, I was relieved to see women sitting there, diligently working on, what Liz, the instructor, called, "paper matting cards." I only had time to make two cards, but they really mean a lot to me. I am posting the one I made for my friend, in fear that my mom and dad will see the other one on here before in person tomorrow. So, stay tuned, because I will post the other one shortly.

This card is dedicated to my best friend, Natalie:

Front 
Back


Some comments I made about the SnS's Club on meetup.com:

"I had such a wonderful time last night! It was a pleasure to be around artistic-like-minded people who really made you feel welcome. I can't wait to go back and learn more about the craft of making cards, stamping, scrapbooking, etc.…"

Group Review: "LOVE it. I can't wait to bring people with me next time! Also, there is just something about seeing your final product that makes you feel really good about yourself. I can't stop staring at the card I made for my parents..."

2 comments: