Monday, January 17, 2011

Frightening & In the Bay

Last night, Peter and I commenced once again to combine our powers of musical genius.  We ended up practically perfecting our song "Nightmare" and I was pleased to know that his dad thought it was really good (not to mention, he said he loved my voice three or four times.)  We also completed roughly two songs, with the third on it's way.

"Frightening," a song about love's complexities, is finished in terms of melody, but I need to lyrically add two more verses.  "In the Bay," originally written for a friend of mine who consistently has relationship problems, is turning into one of the most gorgeous slow songs I have ever heard.  Peter, after listening to my rough recording improv, came up with something so beautiful on the guitar, that we think the song is worthy of piano.  I still have yet to type up those lyrics, and structure it.  Lastly, we briefly touched on "Betty Lane," but it still needs a lot of work...  but, so far, I like the direction it is headed.  If we continue to work this steadily, I imagine we could start professionally recording in March.

If Peter and I didn't live 60 minutes away from one another, we would probably have 12 songs by now... but alas, the distance makes things a little harder... but honestly, it's our ONLY complication.  Everything is so stress and drama free.  I am so thankful he's in my life, and I would never want to imagine a world without him...  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment