Friday, January 7, 2011

It's 2011 and it's time for something NEW

I am bringing this blog back after a few months of dedicating my time to another blog of mine: The Real Food Pyramid.  I plan on utilizing this site to update my progress about my main passion for and struggles with music  I also plan to use this blog to write about my professional endeavors, and perhaps some of my other artistic ventures.  Either way, I read this really great article today, recommended to me by my brother, about how important it is to write down your goal's progress to get yourself motivated to stick to it.  Here goes.

So, as far as music is concerned, I have started a whole new project after so many failed projects in 2010 (seven, to be exact...).  I feel this time around, I am finally doing what I want to be doing: steadily learning how to play the guitar and piano by ear, while writing songs and singing for my new band.  This time, it's only me and another buddy of mine; I am so thrilled that he and I do NOT want to work with a rhythm section... it's just him on guitar and me on vocals and guitar.  We are both going to be writing music and lyrics.  THIS is what I have been wanting to do, and I am so, so excited and thankful that I have someone I know I can trust; someone I know who isn't an asshole.  Thanks Peter.

Note: 2010 wasn't a complete failure by any means.  I wrote roughly 12 songs, four of which I have rough recorded.  You can listen to them here.

2 comments:

  1. Some would argue that I am a pretty gaping asshole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I meant... you're not a musical asshole. Besides, I've known you for too long now to tolerate your shinanigans (I take none personal, since I love ya!)

    ReplyDelete